Guidance & Counseling
Welcome to the Office of School and College Counseling. The School Counseling Department reaches all students in grades PreK – 12th through individual counseling, group counseling, classroom guidance, and large group guidance activities.
HT student scores consistently surpassed local, state, and national rates of students passing the Advanced Placement exams as administered by the College Board.
The School Counseling Department will provide a comprehensive developmental program addressing the academic, career and personal/social growth of all students thereby enabling them to participate in a global society as responsible citizens.
The school counseling program should:
- Be an integral part of a total educational program for student success
- Provide academic, career, personal and social development for every student
- Engage students in classroom, group, and/or individual activities to enhance student learning
- Be based on specific goals and competencies
- Include education that extends beyond the classroom environment and allows students to develop life-long skills that can assist them in the pursuit of their goals
All Professional School Counselors:
- Will abide by the ethical standards advocated by the American School Counselor Association and by the Florida Counseling Association.
- Will participate in professional development essential to maintaining a high-quality school counseling program